Update – we raised £2437.31 at our fete and the history boards were well received. Thank you so much to everyone who contributed to the day. For a full list of raffle prize winners please scroll down to the bottom of this page…
Sunday 9th June 11am-3pm
Explore New Ark’s past at our fun-filled day. We’ll have lots of retro activities, including open-air cooking, homemade dens and classic outdoor games.
At 12pm we’ll unveil our new history boards, designed by local artist Laura Barnard and funded by Vivacity.
Also stalls, refreshments, a car boot sale, and old favourites such as adventurous play and the city farm.
Bring your friends and family—everyone welcome. Entry by silver donation
This event is supported by Vivacity Peterborough Arts
NB Please get in touch on 01733 340605 if you want a pitch on our car boot sale, or can volunteer with preparations or on the day.
Update – list of winners in our Summer Raffle draw:
£100 vouchers donated by John Lewis – L. Smith
£60 New Ark voucher – R Agudo
2 lessons from D J Wilson Driving School – J Dunkley-Locke
Nene Valley Railway Family Pass – M Kemp
Tenpin Bowling voucher donated by Lakeside Superbowl – P Lanning
Cut and Blow Dry voucher donated by Headmasters Hairdressers – A Mountford
£25 Co-op Food Hamper donated byCo-operative Anglia Regional Society – W Wright
Afternoon tea at Andronicas – Ethan
£20 Ultimate Performance Voucher – C Griggs
Big Sky Family Day Pass – A Roberts
Activity/ Toddler World Voucher – S Bines
Skateboard – R Blakemore
Girl’s Roller Skates – H Durcam
Picnic Hamper with Accessories made by Sheila Thompson – R Blakemore
Shower Hamper made by Sheila Thompson – V Sargent
Bath Hamper made by Sheila Thompson – C Davitt
£10 M&S gift card – R Elliot
Teddy Bear from Co-operative Anglia Regional Society – T Moat
Bottle of White Wine donated by Julia and Mike Greene – M Spriggs
Bottle of Red Wine donated by Julia and Mike Greene – M Roberts
Bottle of Sparkling Perry – C Welch
Box of chocolates – Zoe
You will find New Ark behind the row of shops on Hill Close, at the junction of Reeves Way/Eastfield Road. It is close to Sainsbury’s Oxney Road store and Newark Hill School.
* Our Play Support Service building is at the top of the hill. It is the old scout hut known as St Michaels.
* The entrance to our main building (Preschool and Adventure Playground) is the other side of the green at the bottom of the hill.
* The Eco Centre and City Farm are through the gate to the right of our main building. Once inside the gate turn right to the Eco Centre, or left towards the farm. If the gate is locked please come to the main building.
On foot walk down the footpath to the left of Hill Close shops, past the garages and down the slope/steps. If walking from Parnwell or Sainsbury’s, cross the bridge over the parkway and the sliproad, then take the footpath on the left through trees.
Buses regularly run past us on Reeves Way/Eastfield Road including the Citi 8 (Cardea-Parnwell) and the Citi4 (City Centre – Eastfield – Welland) routes. Ask to get off at Hill Close shops.
Drivers, head for Reeves Way at its junction with Eastfield Road and you will see a row of shops (Hill Close). Park behind near the garages or on the street nearby. If using a sat nav, our postcode is PE1 5LZ
* From Frank Perkins Parkway northbound, exit at juntion 7 and turn left at the top of the sliproad. Take the next left into Reeves Way.
* From the Eye parkway roundabout take the A15 Paston Parkway and immediately exit onto Welland Estate. Turn left into Belvoir Way, then right at the juntion into Eye Road. At the next junction turn right into Eastfield Road then left into Reeves Way.
* From the city centre, follow signs for Regional College/Eastfield which will bring you along Eastfield Road. Pass the college and cemetary on your left, and after Newark Hill School turn right into Reeves Way.
Our annual report for 2011-12 and guide to services is now available to view online as a low res PDF document – please click the link below.
New Ark Guide and annual report 2012
If you wish to receive a printed copy, please contact us on 01733 340605 or firstname.lastname@example.org